November 2, 2009
I wish I have read this book written by Mr. Mahrgil Macuha and Mr. Zigfried Diaz the first time I decided to try blogging. Its title is “Guerilla Blogger” a book that will guide a blogger to optimize his blog site and to make money online. They provided very useful tactics, tactics for newbie and probloggers. I consider this book as the bible for all bloggers because they have compiled all the tips and tricks that will be very beneficial for us.
I have downloaded and printed it so I can read it at home (I don’t have my own laptop and internet that’s why I printed it T_T). As I read the contents, I noticed that I am already doing some of their strategies. Also I learned that I lack something about my blog, appearance, contents, plugins and many more. Download it here
This is the Formula they emphasized:
OPTIMIZED BLOG+EXTENSIVE TRAFFIC+OPTIMIZED ADS = CA$H
With this simple equation, you will already know what to gain, and that is to make money online, but the question is, how to do it. I suggest you read the book, try to compare their strategy to your own strategy. Below you can see the list where I enumerated some points that I haven’t tried before and now I will try experementing on it.
WHAT CHANGES SHOULD I DO TO MY BLOG?
1. My title tag should be optimized; they say that it is more effective when the permalink will have the title of the post be seen first before the blog title. I installed this “Optimal Title” plugin and I hope this one works. I sent a message to Mr.Macuha and he said that the “All in One SEO Pack” can do this trick.
2. They also suggested this “Have your blog address printed everywhere”, so I decide to make a calling card (still under design), I am preparing a sticker to put on my bicycle (LOL), put it on my pictures etc.
3. They also suggested making a Youtube account for the promotion of the blog; I already did this after reading it.
4. Confused and still thinking. As suggested, a two-column blog design is more effective in terms of CTR , as of now I have a three-column blog design, and I am thinking if I will change my theme again.
5. I deactivated and deleted some of my plugins because they say it slows down a blog.
6. The wonders of HITLOD (High-Traffic, Low Density) Keywords. They suggested checking a keyword through trends.google.com or http://www.keyworddensity.com. It may take a little time for our blogging but it’s worth it.
7. I’m a little bit confused about this, they tackled something about some misspelled words can also lead to a blog’s traffic, that’s why sometimes they intentionally put some misspelled words. As I read the book I saw this two misspelled words, I am not sure if they put these on purpose: vedio for video and father for farther.
8. Lastly, I should send an e-mail containing my recent post on my blog. I will try this one because they said that it is also effective, but be sure to put the address of my domain.
SOME THOUGHTS THAT MADE IMPACT ON ME
Sir Diaz has enumerated ten fundamental principles of blogging. I agree on everything he said but these two principles are what I liked most:
“Just blog – If you are a new blogger, don’t worry about your site statistics or that you still do not have comments on your site. Just blog away ! It takes a while for search engines to index your site. Also if you write good posts and you are blogging for people the traffic will just flow.
Blog for life – Don’t view blogging as something that you are temporarily doing just because you don’t have anything to do as of now or something which you do in order to achieve a certain amount of money and afterwards you will then stop blogging since you have already achieved your goal. Plan to blog for life. Blogging may bring you monetary “blessings.“ However always consider that such is only secondary. As you go about your day to day experience, having an attitude of blogging for life will make you further appreciate such experiences since you will looking forward to writing it to on your next posts.”