“Who would have thought that my former classmate, ex-rival in every painting contests and Junior GAT co-member will be this excellent in painting? No words can describe the jaw-dropping and breath-taking artworks he had created! I can still remember the times when I join on-the-spot painting contests when I was in high school. When we see Hari joined, Paul, Roel, Nathan and I already have admitted to ourselves that Hari will be the champion and all we have to do is do our best to win the second place. That’s how good Hari is during those times… IMBA! Guys, let us know more about this painter…this art master…”
Hari Lualhati is a painter, a graphic artist, a product designer and an illustrator. Born in Angono Rizal Philippines on the 12th day of February, 1985 and grew up in Taytay, Rizal; Hari showed a lot of interest in painting at a very young age. He used to win on painting competitions in their town (a consistent school representative for painting competitions) and tried to compete on bigger contests like Art Petron, PLDT-DPC Telephone Directory Cover and Art Stroke where he also garnered some awards. At the age of 13, he was chosen to be a member of Group Artists of Taytay that exposed him more to the art of painting. He also got the chance to share his artworks by joining several painting exhibits.
In 2006, Hari finished his Fine Arts degree as Cum Laude at the University of the Philippines – Diliman. For his thesis, he made a children’s book illustration that was written and illustrated by him; its manuscript was chosen by Far Eastern University as one of the most promising manuscripts for that year. He wrote a short story in “BUL-OL: The First Tamaraw Anthology of Short Stories for Children”, published by Far Eastern University Publications in 2006 where he also did the cover design and the book illustrations.
After college, Hari experienced working in the Philippines as a graphic artist and product designer but he still continued to paint. His paintings lean on the realistic category but it is not the realistic details that matters to him.
Though he takes into consideration the use of different techniques, he values more the feelings that he put into his works. Hari paints with his heart. For him, a painting is successful if it can make anyone who would look at it feel the emotion that it’s suppose to give. It is like delivering a clear message by touching the hearts of the viewers.
Hari lived and worked in Hong Kong as a graphic and product designer year 2007. He has also been assigned to work in Shenzhen China to do some illustrations and designs for Heima Concept. He joined a group of Filipino Artist called “HARAYA” and participated in painting exhibitions in Hong Kong.
Now, Hari is based in South Africa as an Artist (painter and freelance illustrator). Together with him is his passion for art and a mission to share the rich details and the emotional depth of his artworks.
- “The Colours of May” – GAT Art Exhibit (Pasig City Museum), 2003
- “Kultura, Sibika at Kulay” – Art Discovery & Learning Foundation,Inc. with Monet Art Gallery (Congress of the Philippines House of Representatives, Batasan Complex), 2003
- “Alay sa Dolorosa” – GAT Art Exhibit (Taytay, Rizal), 2003
- “Wow Galing, Galing sa Rizal” – GAT Art Exhibit (DBP Makati), 2004
- “ART STROKES – AN EXHIBIT OF FINE WORKS BY THE COUNTRY’S UP AND COMING ARTISTS” (Galleria Trade Hall Level 4 Robinsons Galleria), 2004
- Pistang Sining “Araw ng Pasasalamat” (GAT Art Exhibit Taytay, Rizal), 2005
- “PLDT-DPC Telephone Directory Cover 19th Visual Art National Competition Exhibit” (National Museum), 2005
- “Art Petron Exhibit” (Makati), 2005
- Art Exhibit of Juan Sumulong Memorial Junior College(Taytay, Rizal), 2006
- “UNBOUND” Batch 2006 Thesis Exhibit (Gateway), 2006
- ALTERNATIBO – A Group Show of 4 Filipino Artist (Floren Gallery, Hong Kong, 2008
- AWAKENNINGS (OC Gallery, Hong Kong), 2008
- Hong Kong Houseware Fair (Hong Kong), 2009
- Kulay, Kultura, Kalawili (Hong Kong Cultural Centre Main Gallery) 2009
- “Cum Laude” University of the Philippines Diliman, 2006
- “Ang Madyik Kahon ni Sussy” written by Hari Martin Lualhati- 2006, identified as one of the most promising manuscripts for the First Tamaraw National Writeshop for Children’s Literature
- Semi-Finalist “5th National Art Competition Art Petron”, 2005
- 1st Place “Ragnarok Drawing Contest”-Level-Up!, 2005
- 3rd Honorable Mention “PLDT-DPC Telephone Directory Cover 19th Visual Art National Competition”, 2005
- 1st Place “Art Stroke Painting Competition”, 2004 (Robinsons Land Corporation)
- “Artist of the Year” Juan Sumulong Memorial Junior College I, 2002
- “Artist of the Year” Juan Sumulong Memorial Junior CollegeI, 2001
- “Artist of the Year” Juan Sumulong Memorial Junior CollegeI, 2000
- 2nd Place “6th Rizal Consumer Welfare Month On-the-Spot Poster Making Contest” – DTI, 2000
- 2nd Palce “Punla Painting Competition”, 1999, Municipality of Angono, Rizal/ National Commission for Culture & the Arts Committee on Visual Arts
- 9th Place “5th Rizal On-the-Spot Painting Contest” – DTI, 1999
- 2nd Honorable “Kaya ko rin maging Bayani Painting Contest”, 1998
- Junior GAT
- 1st Place “Laban sa Droga Painting Contest”, 1998
- Municipal Anti-Drug Abuse Council & Junior GAT
- 1st Place “Paglaki Ko…Painting Contest” – Junior GAT, 1998
- 3rd Place “Kathang Kabataan Painting Contest”- Junior GAT, 1997
- 1st Place “On-the-Spot Painting Contest” St. John the Baptist Parish, 1997
Here are some of Hari’s masterpiece…
“This one is the most memorable painting he did. He painted this when we are in fourth year high school and as I remember when I visited our school last year, the painting is still there.
I would like to thank Hari for accepting my request to feature him and it really is my pleasure to feature another Filipino pride. Keep it up!”